What is a good wedding card message? What do you write in a wedding card that’s not cheesy? We’ll tell you! Read on for EXACTLY what to write in a wedding card for a friend, brother, sister, etc. and be sure to subscribe!
You have the gift, the card… and now you’re stumped.
What are you supposed to write in a wedding card that isn’t cheesy?
We’ve all been there, struggling for the right words to say… lucky for you, we’re here with the best wedding card messages so you can borrow one of these suggestions. :)
What to write in a wedding card depends largely on whom the card is going to, whether it is your sister or brother, friend, colleague, co-worker, cousin, etc. How close are you to the person and what is your relationship?
Here are some commonly asked questions and answers to what to write inside a wedding card and why it matters.
What to Write in a Wedding Card
Here are a few steps to craft the perfect wedding card message.
1. Offer congratulations to the couple.
2. Share your well wishes.
(OPTIONAL) 3. Tell a story, an anecdote, or share a favorite memory.
4. Say thank you for being a part of their celebration
5. Sign your name
Writing a wedding card should always be done in handwriting, but that’s pretty obvious. :) Take your time and make sure you craft the words you’re going to write before you start putting pen to paper to prevent any errors.
Get stuck? Okay, here’s where we come in: here are the 50 best wedding messages to write in a card so you can pick one you love and run with it.
Now, let’s be honest: many wedding card messages are cheesy and heartfelt, because, wedding. ;) But… we did manage to find some funny wedding card messages that aren’t cheesy, so you’ll see them in the list below. Many of these are classics, while some are slightly more casual, and others are just silly and fun for best friends.
Let’s do it!
Traditional Wedding Card Messages
1. “Wishing you love and happiness on your wedding day and beyond.”
2. “Here’s to love and laughter as you embark on your new chapter in life.”
3. “I/We wish you a lifetime of love and joy.”
4. “It is an honor to share in your celebration! I/We’re so happy for you both!”
5. “Yay, it’s official! Best wishes as you begin your marriage.”
6. “Here’s to a lifetime of happily ever after. Cheers!”
7. “May your life be filled with laughter and joy.”
8. “Welcome to the family! Thank you for letting us share in your special day.”
9. “May the love you share continue to grow stronger with each year. Cheers!”
10. “Here’s to a long and happy marriage.”
11. “Wishing you heartfelt congratulations.”
12. “May you have the warmest wishes today and always.”
13. “It means so much to us to be a part of your wedding day. Congratulations on finding your other half, the perfect person to share life’s joys.”
14. “Love, honor, and respect one another all the days of your life. May you love each other well.”
15. “We wish you all the happiness in the world.”
16. “If ever two people deserved all the happiness life can bring, it is the two of you. We are so happy to share in this beautiful occasion with you.”
17. “You guys are so perfect together! Congratulations!”
18. “Our family has gained a wonderful addition: we couldn’t be happier for you both.”
19. “Be kind and forgive one another, marriage is a journey and its joys are infinite.”
20. “Love is one of life’s greatest blessings.”
21. “What a beautiful couple. We’re excited to call you family.”
22. “Mazel Tov! May today’s joy continue to you both throughout life.”
23. “May you always remember the feeling today and continue to make each other.”
What to Write in a Wedding Card That’s Not Cheesy
Want to be a bit funny and playful? If you’re looking for what to write in a wedding card that’s not cheesy, these are great suggestions.
24. “To love and laughter and happily ever after… and not playing video games as often as you’d like!”
25. “Thanks for having an open bar. Also, congrats, great wedding!”
26. “Remember these words: Yes Dear. They will bring you much happiness. Cheers!”
27. “If one cooks, the other should clean. That’s the secret to a happy marriage dinner. Other than that, I think you guys already have it figured out. Happy Wedding Day!”
28. “May your only argument in marriage be the daily question of what’s for dinner. Cheers!”
29. “May you have an excellent adventure, as Bill and Ted suggested.”
30. “Now you’re stuck with one another! Ha! Just kidding, we know you two will be on to a lifetime of joy and adventure.”
31. “Cheers to two of my best friends, getting hitched! Enjoy the ride!”
What to Write in a Wedding Card When You Missed the Wedding / Can’t Attend
If you’re wondering how to write a wedding card you can’t attend or you missed the wedding, here are a few suggestions.
32. “We’re sending you joy and happiness in spirit as you celebrate your love.”
33. “I am sad to miss your wedding day but I’ll be thinking of you both as you begin your adventure! Congratulations!”
34. “Thinking of you both on your wedding day.”
35. “Wishing you all of life’s joys as you begin your married life together.”
36. “We hope you can feel our support all these miles away! Wish we could be there.”
37. “We’re with you in spirit on your big day.”
38. “We will celebrate from afar and can’t wait to hear all about the wedding! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.”
39. “Super sad to miss the celebration but I’ll be thinking of you both!”
40. “May you have the best day ever… I can’t wait to see pictures!”
Here are some wedding card messages taken straight from the greetings card themselves. All you have to do is sign your name. Boom, easy.
41. “Ever since you first spotted each other, I knew it was meant to be.”
42. “The Greatest Adventure: Here’s to you both as you start your adventure in life and love. I couldn’t think of a better team.”
43. “Happily Ever After: Best wishes for a bright future together.”
44. “To have and to hold; it’s the day we’ve been waiting for. Love you”
45. “Today and Always: Wishing you love and happiness. Congratulations!”
46. “A love for all times. Happy wedding day!”
47. “Love and blessings to you. Wishing you all the best today and on your wedding day.”
48. “To have and to hold, to love and to bug. Congratulations!”
49. “Best couple ever. So happy for you two!”
50. “You found someone to share all your adventures with and that’s freaking amazing! Best wishes on your new adventures together.”
There are seriously so many funny and sweet cards to browse in the shop, I wish I could name them all! Here is the complete collection of wedding greeting cards filled with ideas of what to write in a wedding card that’s not cheesy (and some that are, but it’s sweet!) Click here to see more!
Hope it helps!
This is a sponsored post with Minted.